PRE AND POST SPRAY TAN CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
24 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR SPRAY TAN (PRE TAN CARE
8 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR SPRAY TAN (PRE TAN CARE):
- Shave or use depilatory cream to remove unwanted body hair.
- Exfoliate entire body with mild, oil free exfoliant
- Shower, but do not apply body oils or moisturizers to skin (unless you have very dry skin) as this can create a barrier on your skin.
- Wear clothing to and from your spray tanning appointment that are dark in color (black) and loose fitting (cotton) to avoid excess contact or staining to your clothing after your spray tan.
- Do not wear tight fitting jeans, pants or shorts, or light synthetic fabrics to your appointment. Try a loose black cotton dress.
- It is advisable to wear black flip flops after appointment.
- Plan your day so you can properly prepare for your appointment.
5 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR SPRAY TAN (PRE TAN CARE)
POST TAN CARE:
- Remove makeup and deodorant (can use baby wipes)
- Pull hair up and secure under shower cap and if blonde hair apply conditioner at hair line to prevent staining.
- Remove jewelry, glasses, contacts, shoes
- Change into swimsuit, or choice of undergarments.
- Apply lotion do hands, around nails, eyebrows, etc
- Apply sticky feet
AFTER SPRAY TAN:
- Wipe palms of hands with baby wipes.
- Can stand in front of fan to help dry.
- Remove sticky feet.
- Wait at least 5 minutes until you get dressed.
- If driving right after place towel on seat to avoid staining
- Avoid any activity that will cause sweating, exercise cleaning or showering, as your spray tan is developing during these hours. Contact with water or sweat could result in lines and uneven tanning.
- If you choose to sleep in your spray tan so that it darkens overnight, please cover your bed with darker sheets or old ones. The bronzer may stain your sheets.
3+ HOURS AFTER SPRAY TAN:
- Shower normally. You will see some color wash away from your skin. This is normal, and was only the color guard. Your developed tan will still be there.
- Wash with mild, moisturizing shower gel and a gentle bath poof or your hand.
- While you are drying, remember to PAT not rub your skin.
- Apply moisturizer (with sunscreen) in the morning and a tan extender at night.
- Do not wash your hair while showering your tint off! The shampoo can react and cause streaks. Wait until your tint is completely showered off before washing hair.
LIFE OF YOUR SPRAY TAN:
- The life of your spray tan depends on the care you take of your skin. Moisturize twice a day, and exfoliate GENTLY. The following products have been shown to reduce the number of days your spray tan will remain on the skin, so try to avoid these products.
- band aids, face masks, boire pore strips, anti aging or anti acne products.
- bar soaps, hair removal creams, and frequent shaving.
- You should try to avoid prolonged contact with chlorine, or excessive sweating in closed toe shoes (socks & sneakers) as both can lead to premature fading. If you notice premature fading of your tan, you can always correct this by touching up your spray tan with self tanning products
- Use a tan extending lotion every other night before bed to refresh you tan. You can purchase aftercare lotions at the spa that go directly with the spray tan line ( they have the same DHA as the solution, around 8% )
- The key to a spray tan is keeping your skin moisturized! This helps to prevent your tan from looking "patchy"
- If going for a swim wear waterproof sunblock and it will protect your tan from harmful pool chemicals
- If you experience any problems please contact the spa to let us know your concerns, Thank you .